Better late than never, I guess! What with all the crazy breeding problems we had last year with the goats, we really couldn’t begin milking until a few weeks ago. 2 of our baby girl goaties have gone to new homes, but our star milker, Pippi, still has one baby girl here. So it’s a hit or miss thing with the milking. Some days we get a half gallon a milking from her, and others, barely a quart. But we can work with it, and so I have begun to do some small batches of
So we are on the road again! We are going to be doing some AI in the next month, so we will have a couple of weeks when we won’t be able to use the milk, but we can make cheese into the winter if the weather isn’t too bad. We can only wait and see!