The snow was awesome, while we had it. Nice fluffy stuff. Of course, it was lying on top of the ice road that our driveway had become, so it was tough going, nonetheless.
But the rain came today along with unforgiving wind, and the temperatures have been steadily rising, only to reportedly plummet again tonight. All the goaties are snug in their shelters and have been all day.
I am chomping at the bit to be able to get all the girls into one group together, but that will be another 10 days or two weeks. The vet is coming on Wednesday and we are doing the new girls’ Rabies vaccines as well as the usual blood testing. All the newbies are purportedly bred, (they were in with a buck), and I don’t want to take a chance on any of them passing something to our existing herd (although the present setup is not optimal, they can touch noses through the fencing). I do not believe that it is going to be a problem, but I don’t want to take any chances, either. And the Rabies is very important to get well before the kids arrive.
So our shelter change-up organization is going to have to wait until the two groups are one. Until then, the girls appear to be pretty comfortable. Cannot WAIT for the Solstice!!!