Well, it looks like we have gotten through the storm of Halloween 2017 in one piece. We were in a little pocket of houses that did not initially lose power last week. They did shut us down for awhile while they were making repairs, but we got by without the problems most folks in Maine and NH were faced with. I am extremely grateful, as we are in an area that is almost always hard hit.
And so the breeding has proceeded apace, storm or no! Four of the girls have been bred by Mr. Stinky Reddog, but Edna has not shown any signs of being in heat yet. I have my fingers crossed that she will come into heat soon, as I would like to get everyone situated for their winter quarters asap. Unless I missed her heat and she and Reddog did their thing while I wasn’t looking (very possible), it would seem like she may be the last one to kid again! What’s up Edna??? I guess we will know in the spring :*)
The only other news is that we have officially decided to sell Reddog the buck. The friend of mine who owns him with me has not room for him and is concentrating more on her Angora goats now, and I have found a replacement buck with very nice genetics (and no horns!). I don’t have a big enough operation to keep numerous bucks around. If anyone is interested, I have a page for Reddog’s particulars.